Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bunny for Easter Card



I haven't mentioned this really cool site that makes greeting cards. Since I just finished one and put it up for approval over there. Sophies Card Store I said that I would show and tell how I created the card over here.

The first thing I did was to sketch the bunny on a 5" x 7" piece of watercolor paper and do some light watercolor washes. I have a really nice reference of this little bunny and I'm sure I've done him before using another media. Pretty sure....well, you know what they say about rabbits. This is what I scanned in to my computer. Pretty plain, huh? After that, I can do some playing around. That's what's so fun with these cards. You can "fix" them and add little 'touches' that you can't with a painting when your trying to sell the original.

This is what I finished with - still pretty simple, but now I have the option of adding ribbons, polka dots, eggs or let the purchaser customize it.

No comments:

Technorati