Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lost Muse

What do you do when you've lost your muse?

Well, you can sit around being frustrated, depressed and feeling lost. Self analysis doesn't always work and can lead to more frustration. What works best for me is to get off the grid and do something completely different. Really outside the box. At least for me.

I decided I needed something that would take some focus so I wouldn't dwell on what wasn't working. Also, something that would take very little effort, supplies or props. Something that would be creative yet relaxing.

So ...

No, seriously, I mean it DOT, DOT, DOT. A sketch pad, ink, pen and a reference photo I took a couple of years ago of a flower at a friends house. Easy, relaxing, fun and creative. Now, I know some of you may not agree with me and may say I need to have my head examined because I find stippling relaxing, but it worked for me. Stippling may not be your cup of tea, but do something different.

In my case I created, re-focused and wound up with a viable product that can be used for nice little prints or greeting cards. I enjoyed myself so much that I did more than one.



The others can be viewed at Fine Art America and Greeting Card Universe

2 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Very nice!

Linda Hiller said...

Thanks for stopping by, Bonnie. You have a wonderful and creative blog.

Technorati