Sunday, June 1, 2008

One-handed

Silverback
14" x 11" clayboard etching

Let me first say that I have always admired and respected any person that has lived with and overcome any handicap, but never more so than this last week.

Carpel tunnel surgery has left me all but helpless for the next two weeks. Now I'm not looking for sympathy (well, maybe just a little), but I think they should make a person go into training and practice one-handed skills first. Like physical therapy, but prior to the "event". Not only am I typing with one finger, i"m having trouble spelling. How can that be?

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Linda,

His/her expression is well achieved. And has that characteristic shinning.
I hope you get better soon.
Now let me tell you something "funny" related to your problem.
I'm right handed and for a couple of times I thought the following : I wonder if a work done only with my left hand would be worth more...


Kind regards,

José

Linda Hiller said...

Thanks José for the kind comments.

I've had thoughts myself about painting with my "other hand". Only problem now is that it's my "other hand" that had the surgery. Go figure!

Thanks for stopping by.

Technorati